Just a few of my favourite health blogger buddies and I got here up with this superior, complete physique band exercise you can take with you in your summer time travels!
This previous weekend, I attended the yearly IDEA World BlogFest Convention in Las Vegas with a bunch of my blogger buddies that I met earlier this yr on the Propel Co:Labs occasion in New York.
Like that journey, it was a complete blast — a whirlwind of enjoyable, sweaty exercises, fabulous meals and drinks, and main feminine bonding.
This yr’s highlights:
- Watching Dr. Michael Greger talk about stopping power illness. To say I’m obsessed together with his work is an understatement, and getting to fulfill him in particular person and having him signal my copy of “How Not To Die” was fairly epic.
- Studying weight lifting suggestions from train physiologist Len Kravitz, Ph.D. Tip: It’s all about that eccentric motion (when the muscle is elongating). For instance, on a biceps curl, Kravitz recommends a one-second contraction (lifting) adopted by a 3-4 second launch (decreasing) to optimize muscle constructing.
- Attempting the brand new Robust by Zumba exercise. I’d admit, I used to be fairly bummed after I realized we weren’t dancing, however this new routine matches high-intensity strikes with custom-made music for a really enjoyable and intense exercise.
- Having fun with the corporate of a tremendous group of like-minded, inspiring girls!
One morning, after we shockingly didn’t have a exercise scheduled for the day, the women and I made a decision to create our personal. Utilizing simply an train band we obtained in a present bag (they price $5 on Amazon), we got here up with a 45-Minute Whole Physique Band Exercise that you are able to do wherever.
Every of us got here up with a piece of the exercise: cardio burst, arms, legs, abs, and a quiet down. Since you understand I’m at all times wanting to get flexy (hi there, dancer pose) I used to be tasked with the quiet down/stretching portion of the routine.
To attempt our full exercise, go to every of the women’ blogs for his or her portion. Right here’s the rundown:
- Begin with a Cardio Burst from Amber of Each As soon as in a Model
- Transfer on to Arms with Jeana of A Sweat Life
- Get that booty burn with Legs from Taylor Walker Match
- Observe it up with Abs from Torey’s Treasures
- And end up with Cool-Down with me!
Stretch #1: Hamstring Stretch.
Use the band to drag your chest as far ahead as doable.
Stretch #2: Shoulder Stretch.
Maintain the band behind your again, then hinge on the waist, folding over and letting your arms drop overhead.
Stretch #3: Hip Flexor Stretch.
Bend one leg and cross the opposite on prime, knee to ankle. Loop the band across the prolonged foot and use to deepen the stretch.
Stretch #4: Triceps Stretch.
Use the band to attach your fingers behind your again, stretching the triceps of the highest arm.
I hope you guys will do this out the following time you’re on the lookout for a straightforward, do-anywhere exercise!
FYI, if you wish to work out with all of us in particular person, we’ll all be attending the Propel Health Competition in LA on August 12-Thirteenth!
This two-day occasion goes to be off the charts.
The competition options dwell performances from artists like Large Boi, visitor appearances from celebrities like Shay Mitchell (any PLL followers on the market?), and exercises with LA’s prime trainers together with Gunnar Peterson and Harley Pasternak.
My favourite LA health studios may even be making an look: Playlist Yoga, Prevail Boxing, and Speedplay, in addition to visiting sweaty buddies like Yoga For Unhealthy Individuals, The Class, and Get Match With Giddy.
Tickets simply went on sale and should you enroll now, you may get the early hen pricing — $30 for sooner or later, $50 for the entire competition. It’s also possible to use my code: TENOFF to get $10 off your ticket.
However I’m truly going to do you one higher…
I’ve 5 FREE passes to the competition and I’m going to share them with you guys! If you wish to win considered one of them, observe me on Instagram for particulars. I’ll be doing a giveaway someday within the subsequent week!
Weigh In: Will you do this band exercise? Any curiosity in coming to LA for the Propel Health Competition?!
PIN the exercise to attempt later! >>
*This put up is sponsored by Propel however all opinions are my very own.
IF YOU’RE INSPIRED BY THIS POST MAKE SURE TO SNAP A PIC
AND TAG #WHITSKITCH – I’D LOVE TO SEE!