This simple Blueberry Bread is moist and fluffy with huge bursts of blueberry taste all through! I primarily based the recipe for this bread on my traditional muffin recipe and I’m comfortable to say it’s simply as scrumptious as a loaf of fast bread. My model makes use of much less sugar than many conventional recipes however I believe you’ll discover that it’s simply candy sufficient. You’ll additionally love that this Blueberry Bread is made with easy components you’re more likely to have available and that the prep time is minimal. Simply combine the components collectively, put them right into a loaf pan and bake!
I prefer to serve this Blueberry Bread for breakfast, eat it for a snack, deliver it to a celebration or get-together, or make it for a pal as a shock deal with. Blueberries are tasty when contemporary, however one thing magical occurs once they’re included in baked items. They remodel into candy, juicy pockets of taste that burst as you chunk into them. It’s my favourite. Not solely will this scrumptious Blueberry Bread provide you with loads of these blueberry taste explosions, however a slice is simply 122 energy or 4-5 WW PersonalPoints (relying on whether or not you could have fruit as a zero level meals). To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
My mother and I took my daughter Claire blueberry choosing just lately and had the perfect time. We have been in a position to collect a giant bucket filled with candy, plump, gigantic blueberries that labored fantastically on this recipe. Though Claire had a blast I do suppose her ratio of blueberries eaten vs blueberries positioned within the bucket was round 20:1. Fortunately I picked sufficient for each of us!
- Variations: This Blueberry Bread is completely scrumptious as written, however if you wish to change it up I’ve just a few concepts! You could possibly make a Lemon-Blueberry loaf by including lemon juice and zest to the batter. You could possibly additionally make a Banana-Blueberry load by changing the applesauce with mashed banana. Be happy so as to add to the flavors when you like!
- Frozen Blueberries: Whereas I usually use contemporary blueberries on this bread, you should utilize frozen ones if that’s what you could have out there. You don’t want to defrost the berries, you’ll be able to simply use them frozen.
- Different Sweeteners: I haven’t personally tried making this utilizing a zero-calorie sweetener rather than sugar, however I really feel assured that it will work out simply nice. Simply be sure the sweetener you’re utilizing has a 1:1 substitution ratio with sugar in order that the sweetness stage isn’t off.
- Add-Ins: I believe walnuts or pecans can be nice on this when you’d like so as to add nuts! Take into account that it will after all have an effect on the vitamin data/WW factors listed when you’re monitoring both.
After letting the Blueberry Bread cool utterly, I retailer my bread by putting it on a paper towel in an hermetic container and leaving it on the counter for 4-5 days.
I really like how simply this Blueberry Bread comes collectively, and it’s nice to bake as soon as and eat for just a few days straight! You may also freeze it by simply wrapping the loaf or particular person slices in plastic wrap as soon as they’re utterly cool and placing them in a freezer bag. You may both defrost them to room temp or warmth them up within the microwave earlier than consuming.
Need less difficult, tasty, lightened up baked items?
In search of extra tasty styles of lightened up muffin and fast bread recipes? Take a look at my Banana Zucchini Muffins, Pineapple Upside Down Baked Oatmeal Singles, Morning Glory Muffins, Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, Carrot Muffins, Banana Bread, Chocolate Raspberry Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins, and extra within the Muffins part of my recipe index!
This simple lightened up Blueberry Bread is moist and fluffy with huge bursts of blueberry taste all through!
- 1 massive egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons gentle butter, melted (I exploit Land O’Lakes gentle butter unfold with canola oil within the tub)
- 1 ½ cups + 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups contemporary blueberries, rinsed and dried off
Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels. Mist a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray and put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, add the egg, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract and stir collectively till properly mixed. Add the melted butter and stir collectively.
In a separate mixing bowl, add 1 ½ cups of the flour, the baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk till mixed. Add the dry components to the moist components and stir collectively till simply mixed right into a batter.
Toss the blueberries within the remaining teaspoon of flour till coated. Fold the blueberries into the batter till mixed.
Pour the batter into the ready loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
Switch the bread within the loaf pan to a wire cooling rack and funky within the pan for 10 minutes. After the ten minutes, invert the pan to launch the bread onto the cooling rack after which flip it over in order that it’s proper aspect up. Permit the bread to relaxation immediately on the rack till cool. As soon as cool, slice into 12 (3/4” thick) slices.
Diet Info per (1 slice) serving:
122 energy, 23 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 3 g fats, 1 g saturated fats, 2 g protein, 1 g fiber, 183 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
3 per (1 slice) serving (P+ calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)