Flip to your gradual cooker to make these full-flavor, candy, and saucy Crockpot Baked Beans that couldn’t be simpler! If you make baked beans within the crockpot, they’re simple to move, plus you unencumber the stovetop and don’t even have to show in your oven. Serve these simple Sluggish Cooker Baked Beans with Bacon at your subsequent yard BBQ and watch the sparks fly. They’re made with just some easy real-food components and a simple facet dish recipe that you just’ll make on repeat!
This recipe was initially printed June 28, 2016; Up to date August 10, 2022.
Can You Make Baked Beans within the Crockpot?
You wager you possibly can! In reality, we expect making Crockpot Baked Beans with Bacon is admittedly the BEST method to make this potluck, BBQ, and picnic staple facet dish. Make these Sluggish Cooker Baked Beans with Bacon and savor the scrumptious smoky, candy, and sticky flavors which might be onerous to withstand. Manner higher than something you’ll ever get from a can, that is a kind of baked bean recipes that can have everybody coming again for seconds. It tastes prefer it has been gradual simmering all day, as a result of it has (properly, for a portion of the day)! You simply don’t must do any of the work if you set it and overlook it within the gradual cooker.
Substances to Make Crockpot Baked Beans
Begin with these pantry staple components, plus a gradual cooker, and get these infants cookin’.
- canned beans – begin with a base of Nice Northern beans or you should use canned navy beans or one other sort of white beans or kidney beans, in case you want
- bacon – cooked and chopped bacon provides a beautiful depth of taste and texture
- onion – use 1/2 of a white or yellow medium onion
- ketchup – search for a ketchup made with out added sugar, equivalent to Primal Kitchen; in a pinch, you possibly can substitute the 1/2 cup ketchup with the identical quantity of a low- or no-sugar-added barbecue sauce
- pure maple syrup – use 2 tablespoons, or cut back to 1 tablespoon in case your ketchup has added sugar; can sub in 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- molasses – we extremely suggest you don’t skip this, because it provides a lot richness to the sauce
- yellow mustard – provides a pleasant acidity and brightness; can sub in Dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar – or use white wine vinegar
If you happen to’d like, you possibly can customise this Baked Beans recipe by including some garlic, diced crimson bell peppers, bay leaves, or perhaps a sprint of liquid smoke. Love baked beans with floor beef? Then attempt our Sluggish Cooker Cowboy Beans.
Easy methods to make Crockpot Baked Beans with Bacon
This recipe for baked beans within the gradual cooker couldn’t be simpler! Right here methods to make them:
- Prep the bacon and onion: In a medium or massive skillet over medium warmth, cook dinner the chopped bacon till virtually crips, stirring sometimes, 7-8 minutes. Hold the bacon grease within the skillet. Add the chopped onion to the skillet with the bacon and cook dinner till the onion begins to melt, a further 4-5 minutes. Take away from warmth.
- Mix components in crockpot: Place the bacon and onion combination within the gradual cooker. Add the drained beans, ketchup, maple syrup, molasses, mustard, vinegar, and 1 cup water. Stir gently to mix.
- Let it cook dinner: Cowl the crockpot, and cook dinner on low for 4 hours or on excessive for two hours, stirring a number of instances in the course of the cooking time.
See the recipe card beneath for the whole ingredient quantities, directions, and diet evaluation.
How Lengthy Do You Cook dinner Beans within the Crockpot?
Since we begin with a base of canned and drained Nice Northern beans, it doesn’t take an especially very long time for these Crock Pot Baked Beans with Bacon to be executed. Some recipes have you ever begin with onerous raw beans that you should soak in salt water earlier than including to the gradual cooker. However through the use of canned beans, you possibly can bypass that step. Cook dinner them on the low warmth setting for 4 hours, or on the excessive warmth setting for two hours. If you happen to’re taking them to a potluck the place you’ll have an electrical outlet, you possibly can even add all of the components to the gradual cooker and plug them in when you get there. If folks shall be consuming a number of hours into the occasion, the timing shall be good.
A 12 months-Spherical Favourite & Definitely worth the (Little Additional) Effort
Baked beans and summer season cookouts simply go collectively. Make sure to make room in your picnic desk for these always-good Crock Pot Baked Beans. Pair them with watermelon, potato salad, slaw, burgers, brownies, and summer season cocktails, and also you’ve obtained it made within the shade.
However these Sluggish Cooker Baked Beans are successful at different instances of the 12 months, too! Within the winter, there’s nothing higher than baking a pot of candy and saucy beans to heat the home. Their odor is intoxicating, because of the bacon and maple syrup.
Whereas your crockpot does the vast majority of the work, there’s just a little additional step right here that’s properly price it. Cooking the bacon and onions earlier than including them to the gradual cooker could seem fussy, however belief us, you get a significantly better taste as a result of the onions mellow out when cooked within the reserved bacon fats and also you get a thicker sauce. Cooking the bacon first additionally means you received’t have any pale rubbery blobs of bacon in your beans such as you do if you open a can of pork and beans from the shop.
If you happen to’re actually pressed for time, you are able to do this step upfront, storing the cooked onions and bacon individually in lined containers within the fridge earlier than including them to the gradual cooker with the beans and sauce components.
Can I double this recipe for Sluggish Cooker baked beans?
Sure, you positive can! The recipe as written makes 3 1/2 cups of baked beans, which is sufficient to serve 6 to 7 adults. If you happen to’d prefer to make extra, you possibly can double the recipe. Merely add twice the quantity of each written ingredient (6 slices bacon, 1 yellow onion, 4 cans of Nice Northern beans, and many others.). Nevertheless, relating to including the water, we suggest that you just NOT double the water and nonetheless simply use 1 cup. As a substitute, add just a little extra water provided that wanted after the beans have been cooking on low within the gradual cooker for 3 hours.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftover Crock Pot Baked Beans
Switch any leftover baked beans from the gradual cooker to a storage container. Cowl and chill within the fridge for as much as 5 days. To reheat, place the beans in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium warmth and add just a little water. Stir and cook dinner till heated by, which ought to solely take a couple of minutes.
Servings: 3 1/2 cups (serves 6-7) 1x
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Nice Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup no-sugar-added ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or 1 tablespoon, in case your ketchup has added sugar)
- 2 tablespoons yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a medium to massive skillet over medium warmth, cook dinner the chopped bacon, stirring sometimes, till virtually crisp, about 7-8 minutes. Hold the bacon fats within the skillet. Add the diced onion to the pan with the bacon and cook dinner till the onion begins to melt, a further 4-5 minutes. Take away from warmth.
- Switch the bacon and onion combination to the gradual cooker. Add the drained and rinsed beans, ketchup, maple syrup, mustard, molasses, vinegar, and water; stir gently to mix.
- Cowl the gradual cooker and cook dinner on low warmth for 4 hours or on excessive warmth for two hours, stirring a number of instances throughout cooking time.
Final Step! Please depart a overview and score letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise thrive so we are able to proceed offering free recipes and high-quality content material for you.
If doubling this recipe, we suggest that you just NOT double the water and nonetheless simply use 1 cup. As a substitute, add just a little extra water provided that wanted after the beans have been cooking on low for 3 hours.
- Serving Measurement: ½ cup
- Energy: 191
- Fats: 3 g
- (Sat Fats: 1 g)
- Sodium: 571 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
- (Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 10 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 2 mg
Pin it Now To Make it Later!
Photograph Credit score: The pictures on this weblog put up have been taken by Jess of Performs Nicely with Butter.
For final success, we extremely suggest studying the ideas within the full weblog put up above. All pictures and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our pictures with out prior written permission. If you happen to want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases. Hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!