This 7 Layer Greek Dip is layered with hummus and garlic-lemon Greek yogurt and topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, purple onions, feta, and kalamata olives. Seize some pita chips and serve it at your subsequent celebration!
Greek 7 Layer Dip
I like this Greek 7 Layer Dip for its Mediterranean flavors and lightweight and refreshing style. It’s additionally simply really easy to whip up in a rush earlier than a celebration or BBQ. Extra of my favourite Greek-inspired recipes are my Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie, Greek Turkey Burgers, and Greek Pasta Salad. And if you need extra dip concepts, strive my Baked Mexican Layer Dip, Buffalo Hen Dip and Taco Dip.
Celebration dips will be so heavy, however this one is loaded with wholesome elements. My favourite a part of this dip is the additional protein within the hummus from the garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas). When you’re serving this Greek layer dip for a big celebration, you may double the recipe or halve it for a small one.
What’s Greek 7 layer dip product of?
Listed below are the seven layers on this simple Greek dip:
- Hummus: The underside layer is hummus. In case you have the time, make the hummus from scratch. If not, use your favourite store-bought hummus. You could possibly additionally change it up through the use of flavored hummus, like purple pepper or garlic.
- Yogurt: Mix the Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt, and floor pepper. You could possibly additionally make this layer with tzatziki. When you don’t eat dairy or need to hold it vegan, skip the yogurt and add extra hummus.
- Crimson Onion: Sub inexperienced onions or shallot.
- Cucumber: Use a seedless English cucumber since they’re much less watery. When you solely have common cucumbers, lower out the seeds.
- Tomatoes: Swap Roma tomatoes with cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Feta: Feta cheese provides a salty, tangy taste to the dip.
- Kalamata Olives: End the dip with sliced kalamatas. When you solely have black olives, these will work too.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK DIP
It doesn’t take lengthy to make this Greek layer dip recipe as soon as your elements are prepped. Layer all of the elements, beginning with the hummus and ending with the olives in an 8” x 8” or 7″ x 11″ glass dish. Benefit from the dip with complete wheat pita chips or baked corn chips or carrot and celery sticks for a low-carb choice.
Are you able to make Greek 7 layer dip the night time earlier than?
You possibly can prep all of the elements forward, nevertheless it’s finest to layer it simply earlier than serving, because the cucumbers are inclined to get watery in the event that they sit too lengthy.
Extra Dip Recipes You Would possibly Take pleasure in:
Greek 7 Layer Dip
Hummus, yogurt, purple onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and olives are layered to create this scrumptious Greek impressed dip – seize a chip and serve this at your subsequent celebration!
- 8 ounces hummus, retailer purchased or home made
- 1 cup 0% fats Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp chopped recent dill
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 2 tbsp purple onion, minced
- 1 cup English cucumber, about ½ giant, ½-inch cube
- 1 cup Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch cube
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly floor pepper. Put aside.
In an 8”x8” or 7″ x 11″glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt combination, purple onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.
Serve with complete grain pita chips or baked corn chips.
Serving: 1/4 cup, Energy: 93kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 5g, Ldl cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 202mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 2g
WW Factors Plus: 3
Key phrases: 7 layer dip, Greek 7 layer dip, Greek Dip