This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure.
Contemporary honeydew and chilled inexperienced tea create a refreshing and fruity drink that’s tremendous satisfying and so scrumptious! This Honeydew milk tea recipe is an ideal afternoon pick-me-up or antioxidant-packed deal with. Vegan & gluten-free!
Contemporary honeydew melon isn’t only for fruit salad! It’s crisp and refreshing taste tastes nice in honeydew melon bubble tea. Bubble or boba tea is a calming, tea-based drink with milk and chewy tapioca pearls on the underside.
Honeydew melon is the star of this fruity boba drink. Honey dew melon, or honey melon is within the cantaloupe household however is often a little bit sweeter than cantaloupe. It’s gentle inexperienced in colour and is juicy, contemporary, and completely scrumptious.
You’ll see this drink on the menu of most bubble tea shops, and it might be listed as “melon milk” or “honey dew milk” – as a result of typically this drink known as “tea” however isn’t made with precise tea!
Newest Recipe Video!
I prefer to skip the bubble tea outlets and make honey dew milk tea at residence. It’s straightforward to do, extra inexpensive, and also you get to manage the standard of elements. I like so as to add steeped inexperienced tea, as a result of it provides an earthy taste, offers loads of disease-fighting antioxidants, and enhances the contemporary melon’s Vitamin C!
Honeydew boba tea is considered one of my favourite summertime flavors. This vitamin-rich drink is a wholesome and energizing deal with for a scorching summer season day. Serve it in your favourite glass!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Easy honey dew milk tea recipe
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, & vegan
- Straightforward to customise
- Excellent drink for a scorching day
- Candy honeydew taste
- Pure elements with out components
- Made with actual fruit
- Fruity taste with a creamy texture
This honeydew bubble tea recipe requires simply 5 easy elements, plus boba pearls! You could find all of those elements at most grocery shops.
- Inexperienced Tea: I like inexperienced tea for its earthy taste and in depth well being advantages. It’s a nutrient powerhouse with antioxidants, plant compounds, and polyphenols. I used inexperienced tea baggage, however unfastened leaf works nice too. Use a tea diffuser or pressure it by means of a sieve to take away the leaves. That is technically an non-compulsory ingredient, as a result of you can also make this boba drink with out steeped tea!
- Tapioca Pearls: Boba pearls are chewy tapioca balls constituted of tapioca starch. They don’t have a lot taste till they’re soaked in a candy syrup. You should buy them on-line or at your native Asian market.
- Maple Syrup: To sweeten the pearls and create a syrup. Brown sugar will also be used.
- Honeydew: Contemporary fruit is essential to creating this drink full of taste! Honeydews are spherical melons with a beige rind and a pale inexperienced flesh. They’ve a barely candy however crisp style, just like a cucumber. You may sometimes discover pre-cut ripe honeydew melon within the refrigerated produce part.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk has a gentle style and creamy texture good for boba drinks. For a sweeter drink, use sweetened almond milk.
- Ice Cubes: Lukewarm milk tea isn’t refreshing! Use as a lot ice as it’s essential make it chilly.
Honeydew bubble tea is straightforward to customise! Make this creamy drink along with your favourite tea, milk, and sweetener.
- Tea: Inexperienced tea has a fragile taste that doesn’t overpower the style of honeydew. You need to use any variety you want greatest although. Black tea, white tea, oolong tea, inexperienced jasmine tea, and even fruit tea are nice choices. I don’t advocate bubble tea powder, because it’s costly and stuffed with components.
- Milk: Any kind of milk can be utilized. Strive soy milk, oat milk, complete milk, or cashew milk. For a richer taste, strive half and half or non-dairy creamer.
- Sweetener: Sweeten your honeydew melon milk tea to style. Maple syrup, honey, sugar, brown sugar, and coconut sugar can all be used. It’s greatest so as to add the sweetener whereas it’s nonetheless scorching so it dissolves, or use easy syrup as an alternative.
- Utilizing milk tea powder as an alternative of contemporary honeydew: Use melon milk powder – combine with sugar, milk, and tea. Add boba pearls to backside of a glass with ice, pour boba milk over the ice.
- Utilizing honeydew syrup as an alternative of contemporary honeydew: Use honey dew syrup – combine with milk and tea, add sugar to style. Add boba pearls to backside of a glass with ice, pour boba milk over the ice.
🔪 How To Make Honeydew Milk Tea
Steep Tea: Simmer 2 cups of water and take away from the warmth. Add three baggage of inexperienced tea and steep for five minutes. Take away the tea baggage and let it come to room temperature.
Cook dinner Tapioca Pearls: Convey a big pot of scorching water to a boil. Add the black tapioca pearls, cut back the warmth, and simmer for five to six minutes.
Pressure Pearls: Drain tapioca pearls and switch to a small bowl. Stir within the maple syrup, then put aside to chill.
Mix Honeydew: Add the diced honeydew and brewed tea to a high-speed meals processor or blender and mix till easy.
Pressure Honeydew: Pressure the honeydew combination, reserving the liquid however discarding the pulp.
Assemble: Add the tapioca pearls and syrup to the underside of the glass. Add a handful of ice to every glass.
Add Milk: High with honeydew tea and almond milk.
Get pleasure from instantly.
❓ Recipe FAQs
It will depend on the way you make it! In case you’re getting this drink from a boba store, it’s doubtless made with heavy cream or complete milk and tons of sugar, making it extra of a dessert than a wholesome drink. However this honeydew melon bubble tea is made with contemporary melon, inexperienced tea, and fewer sugar – making it a more healthy possibility than what you’d discover on the retailer!
Moreover, hHoneydew melon is low in energy however wealthy in vitamins like vitamin C, B6, and Ok. It’s excessive in potassium and beta-carotene too! Inexperienced tea helps cut back irritation and combat oxidative stress. Total, this honeydew tea offers loads of well being advantages.
It tastes like a creamy combination of honeydew juice and inexperienced tea! Honeydew melon tastes just like a candy cucumber. It’s refreshing, frivolously candy, and crisp.
Sure, this explicit recipe does include caffeine as a result of it’s made with inexperienced tea. Inexperienced tea offers about 35 mg of caffeine per one 8-ounce cup. In case you’d prefer to keep away from caffeine, swap inexperienced tea for a decaf model, or use a fruit or natural tea (or go away the tea out altogether!)
Bubble tea is greatest served contemporary! Nonetheless you can also make the honeydew tea forward of time. Refrigerate for as much as 2 days. It’s greatest to prepare dinner the boba pearls proper earlier than you propose to make use of them.
This boba drink has solely 193 energy! See the recipe card beneath for full dietary info.
💭 Professional Ideas
- Use an additional giant straw so you possibly can suck up the boba as you take pleasure in your drink!
- Use contemporary fruit – I don’t advocate honeydew bubble tea powder. It’s stuffed with components and full of sugar or glucose syrup! To not point out, honeydew powder doesn’t all the time include honeydew! Contemporary honeydew melon will provide you with the very best taste on this nutritious boba drink.
- For a stronger tea taste, steep the inexperienced tea a minute or two longer.
- You may make your individual easy syrup to sweeten lemonade, bubble tea, or common brewed tea. Simply warmth equal elements sugar and water on the range till the sugar dissolves. Refrigerate for as much as 1 month.
🧋 Extra Bubble Tea Recipes!
Strive extra of my favourite boba recipes!
📋 Recipe Card
Honeydew Milk Tea
Contemporary honeydew and chilled inexperienced tea create a refreshing and fruity drink good for summer season! Honeydew milk tea is an ideal afternoon pick-me-up or antioxidant-packed deal with. Vegan & gluten-free!
Servings: 3 glasses
- Cook dinner and soak the tapioca pearls when wanted.
- Including ice to the drink makes it pretty and chilled.
- Any sugar can be utilized nonetheless if utilizing coconut or brown sugar it might barely change the colour of the drink.
- Any plant-based milk will work on this recipe.
Serving: 1glass | Energy: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g