This wholesome Lentil Salad with cooked lentils and diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and lemon juice is ideal for making forward for lunch because the flavors solely get higher in a single day.
I really like heat lentils, like in my Hen and Lentil Soup and Lentils and Rice with Eggs and Bacon, however I used to be by no means actually a fan of lentils in a salad (I’m a choosy legume eater). However that each one modified years in the past after I purchased a chilly lentil salad at a well being meals retailer. I loved every little thing about it – aside from the excessive worth. Lentils are so inexpensive to cook dinner at house, so I knew I needed to strive making the salad myself. My selfmade model was a fraction of the price of the store-bought one, so save your cash, and make this salad ASAP! It’s additionally vegan, excessive in fiber and protein, and solely about 100 energy per serving.
What’s lentil salad manufactured from?
- Lentils: Brown lentils cook dinner with bay leaf and recent thyme. Inexperienced or black lentils would additionally work, and canned lentils are superb in case you’re in a rush. In case you don’t love lentils, make it with any legume or grain, similar to white beans, chickpeas, quinoa, or a combination.
- Greens: This salad recipe requires celery, bell pepper, and carrots, however be at liberty to make use of no matter you could have. Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped child spinach, and celery would all work.
- Onion: Swap crimson onion for shallots or scallions.
- Herbs: Sub recent basil, mint, or chives for parsley.
- Dressing: Add the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper on to the lentil combination – no must whisk individually. You may also substitute the lemon juice for crimson wine or white wine vinegar.
Prepare dinner Lentils for Lentil Salad
Lentils cook dinner a lot faster than dry beans. Plus, you don’t should soak them earlier than cooking.
- Mix the lentils, bay leaf, and thyme in a medium saucepan.
- Cowl the lentils with an inch of water. Don’t add salt to the water at this level or they are going to take for much longer to cook dinner.
- Convey the lentils to a boil, scale back the warmth to low, and simmer uncovered for 16 to twenty minutes till the lentils are tender however not mushy.
- Drain the lentils and discard the bay leaf.
Lentil Salad Meal Prep
This chilly lentil salad recipe makes quite a bit, so that you’ll get just a few meals out of it. It lasts within the fridge for 3 days and is ideal as leftovers for lunch. In case you’re in search of extra meal prep salads with legumes, strive my Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad and Fiesta Bean Salad.
Extra Lentil Recipes You’ll Love:
This wholesome Lentil Salad with cooked lentils and diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and lemon juice is ideal for making forward for lunch!
- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs recent thyme
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced crimson bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced crimson onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- recent floor black pepper
In a medium saucepan mix lentils, bay leaf, and thyme.
Add sufficient water to cowl by 1 inch.
Convey to boil, scale back warmth and simmer uncovered till lentils are tender however not mushy, about 16 to twenty minutes.
Drain lentils and discard bay leaf.
Place in a big work bowl with carrots, celery, crimson pepper, crimson onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss to mix and serve chilled or room temperature.
Serving: 1scant cup, Energy: 102kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 7g, Fats: 3g, Sodium: 255mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 1g
WW Factors Plus: 3
Key phrases: Vegetarian Meals
Your feedback are useful!! In case you’ve tried this Lentil Salad recipe or another recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t overlook to fee the recipe and go away me a remark under! I might love to listen to your ideas, variations and suggestions. And in case you took some images of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can re-share on my tales!