These tasty Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes are wholesome, filling, and straightforward to prep forward of time for a fast meal. Large, juicy tomatoes are full of Italian poultry sausage (you may select whether or not you want scorching, gentle, or candy sausage), parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and herbs, and completed with a drizzle of candy and tangy balsamic glaze. Though this dish will make an amazing dinner any time of 12 months, it’s particularly good with contemporary tomatoes in season, Could by means of October! Hollowing out the tomatoes and cooking up the filling is easy to do and doesn’t take lengthy in any respect, however the outcomes look spectacular. Not solely are these scrumptious, hearty, and straightforward, however every Sausage Stuffed Tomato is simply 193 energy, 13 grams of carbs or 5 WW Private Factors! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
You’ll be able to undoubtedly prep these Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes within the morning or the day earlier than after which simply toss them within the oven to bake once you’re able to eat. When you’ve stuffed the tomatoes (however earlier than baking them), both place them in a sealed meals storage container or simply cowl them with cling wrap proper within the baking dish. While you’re able to bake them, switch them to the baking dish or take away the cling wrap and bake them within the oven for five additional minutes.
- Tomatoes: You’ll wish to stick to bigger Beefsteak tomatoes for this dish as a result of they’re sufficiently big to carry the filling and durable sufficient to maintain their construction whereas baking. My tomatoes had been all between 9 – 9.5 ounces.
- Breadcrumbs: I used panko breadcrumbs on this dish, however when you’ve got common breadcrumbs or seasoned breadcrumbs readily available, both of these will work fantastic. Be at liberty to make use of what you might have readily available.
- Balsamic Glaze: I all the time have store-bought balsamic glaze readily available – it tastes good on so many issues! I’ve discovered it in numerous areas in numerous shops, however usually by the Italian merchandise. Wegmans and Dealer Joe’s each have retailer model variations and lots of Italian manufacturers provide one as properly. It’s nice on pizza, pasta, caprese, salads, avocado toast, bruschetta, and plenty extra! I like the added burst of taste it provides these stuffed tomatoes.
Searching for extra tasty, lightened up recipes that includes sausage? Take a look at my Turkey and Chorizo Enchilada Rice Bake, Pasta Fagioli Soup, One-Pot Cajun Rooster and Sausage Pasta, Pizza Meatloaf Muffins, One-Pot Spicy Soiled Rice with Rooster and Sausage, Sausage Ricotta Pasta, Rustic Sausage and Potato Skillet, Sausage and Tortellini Tomato Soup, Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, and extra within the Sausage class of my recipe index.
Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
These tasty Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes are wholesome, filling, and straightforward to prep for a fast meal!
- 6 massive beefsteak tomatoes, (mine had been between 9 – 9.5 oz every)
- 1 lb raw Italian turkey (or rooster) sausage, casings eliminated if current
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white, overwhelmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 400 levels.
Lower a 2-inch circle into the highest of the tomato and discard the lid. Scoop out the seeds and insides of the tomato with a spoon. If in case you have a grapefruit spoon or grapefruit knife these each work particularly properly. Sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with a little bit of salt after which flip them the wrong way up onto a stack of paper towels to empty whilst you do the subsequent steps.
Convey a big skillet to med-high warmth. Add the bottom sausage and prepare dinner, breaking into small chunks with a spatula or cooking spoon. As soon as the meat has began to brown and break into chunks, add the chopped onions and stir to mix. Cook dinner, stirring often, for about 5 extra minutes or till the meat is browned and the onions are softened and translucent. Add the garlic and stir. Cook dinner for an additional minute.
Switch the sausage combination to a mixing bowl and add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg white, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley. Stir collectively till properly mixed.
Place the tomatoes open-side up in a baking dish and fill them with the sausage combination. Bake for 20 minutes*. Take away from the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze earlier than serving.*When you’re making ready these upfront, refrigerate the stuffed tomatoes till wanted after which add 5 minutes to the baking time.
Diet Data per (stuffed tomato) serving:
193 energy, 13 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 7 g fats, 3 g saturated fats, 5 g protein, 2 g fiber, 457 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
4 per (stuffed tomato) serving (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the vitamin data under