This submit is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Firm, however all opinions are my very own.
Have you ever tried savory oatmeal but? If the concept sounds unfamiliar, you’re not alone. It appears that evidently oats are sometimes paired with candy flavors and components. However oats are versatile and a terrific choice for savory recipes, too!
These savory oats are made with spinach, sauteed tomatoes, and a bit feta for a heat and hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinnertime choice! This recipe comes with a vegan choice and it’s extremely simple to make.
Collect these components
Quaker Previous Original Oats
Low sodium vegetable broth
Further virgin olive oil
Feta or vegan feta crumbles
Contemporary cracked black pepper
Which oats work finest?
I’m utilizing Quaker Previous Original Oats for this recipe. However truthfully, by adjusting the cooking time, you need to use immediate, conventional, or steel-cut oats for this recipe (be sure you comply with the bundle instructions).
And I’m usually requested… Is one sort of oats higher than one other?
I feel they’re all good choices. Quaker On the spot, Fast, Previous Original, and Metal Lower – are 100% entire grain, and ounce per ounce, they supply related quantities of fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals. The place they differ is form, texture, and cook dinner time. So go together with those that work finest to your recipe, style desire, and the way a lot time it’s a must to cook dinner.
Oats are a complete grain and supply of advanced carbohydrates. And this recipe, with ½ cup of oats per serving, is an efficient supply of fiber.
Ideas for fulfillment
- Use a high-quality, flavorful broth. Because the taste will affect the whole dish, be sure you select a broth you’re keen on. You can also make your individual or purchase your favourite from the shop.
- Get some colour on the tomatoes. Sautéing the tomatoes will deliver out the pure sweetness because the skins begin to caramelize within the pan. This provides numerous taste to those savory oats. So, don’t skip that step.
- Don’t have spinach available? Be at liberty to make use of frozen – merely thaw and drain it first. You can too use child kale or one other inexperienced. Simply remember that hardier greens is not going to simply wilt into the oats. In the event you add different greens, you may must steam or sauté them earlier than including to the oats.
This recipe is well doubled or quadrupled to feed a household. If you wish to make additional to get pleasure from as leftovers, that additionally works.
Merely reheat the combined oats and save the feta to sprinkle on high.
The countdown to the large sport is on, and followers are in for a terrific evening with the large sport – however at Quaker, they’re preparing for a very good morning with the large grain. Quaker is inviting you to crack open a scorching one and pregrain earlier than the large sport with a bowl of Quaker Oats! Try the Quaker Pregrain Sweepstakes data under for more information on find out how to take part.
Quaker continues to assist individuals profit from the style, versatility, and diet of entire grain oats. For sure, the model has been round for all 56 Sunday huge video games and is aware of that “pregraining” is a good way to assist begin your morning.
Whether or not you’re prepared for this savory thought otherwise you wish to persist with candy, or go for a scorching or chilly dish choice, oats are a clean canvas that I’m excited to assist encourage you to create your individual bowl of oats for sport day and past.
“Pregrain” for the large sport
- To have a good time this Sunday morning second, Quaker has created limited-edition Quaker Oats 6-packs that will help you gasoline up on sport day! Followers may have the possibility to win their very own Quaker 6-pack to get pleasure from with their pregrain squad earlier than kick-off.
- To enter the Quaker Pregrain Sweepstakes, followers can head to Quaker’s Instagram web page, @Quaker, from now till – February 6 and point out a good friend they’d wish to crack open a canister with on sport day morning together with the hashtags #QuakerPregrain and #Sweepstakes. 100 fortunate winners shall be chosen the week of February 7 and 6-packs shall be shipped forward of the large sport.
- See official guidelines for full particulars on find out how to enter. Sweepstakes closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 6, 2022, NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Should be 18 or older and a U.S. resident to enter the sweepstakes.
Able to strive savory oats? Right here’s the recipe!
Spinach Tomato Feta Savory Oats
These savory oats are full of spinach, sauteed tomatoes, and a bit feta for a heat and hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinner! This recipe comes with a vegan choice and it’s extremely simple to make.
- ½ cup Quaker Previous Original Oats
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup child spinach
- 1 tbsp feta or vegan feta crumbles
- Contemporary cracked black pepper
Convey the inventory to a boil. Stir within the oats. Cook dinner about 5 minutes over medium warmth, stirring often.
In the meantime, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth in a small skillet. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes, simply till the tomatoes are heated by and begin to blister.
Stir the spinach into the cooked oats.
Spoon the oats right into a bowl. High with sauteed tomatoes, feta, and black pepper.
Serving: 450g | Energy: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 3.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 3mg