This one-pan marvel is a game-changer for dinner. The superbly cooked, juicy hen thighs, and tender veggies on this Sheet Pan Hen and Greens recipe are satisfying each time! It’s a gluten-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 dinner for all to get pleasure from.
This submit was initially revealed December 28, 2018; Up to date January 25, 2023.
Roasted Hen and Veggies on a sheet pan
Want to show dinnertime round? If this end-of-day meal leaves you drained, harassed, and disillusioned, then allow us to introduce a game-changer to your desk with one pan hen and veggies! The proper mixture, this simple dish leads to completely crisp greens and well-seasoned, juicy hen that comes collectively on a single pan. Even higher, it solely takes quarter-hour to get every part prepared for the oven. Then, you’ll be able to sit again with and chill out whereas your dinner bakes to golden brown perfection and comes out of the oven steaming sizzling. Ahhhh! Doesn’t that sound good?
Recipe Spotlight: Sheet Pan Hen and Greens
This easy sheet pan hen and greens dinner is tough to not love. Listed here are a number of the explanation why it has been one among our go-to recipes for years:
- It’s prepared in beneath an hour. From begin to end, this whole dish is fairly hands-off and takes about 50 minutes to make so you may get out and in of the kitchen quick.
- You may customise it. Simply combine and match your favourite veggies and seasonings to make this recipe your personal.
- It’s nice for meal prep. One batch yields 4 servings and shops nicely for fast meals all through the week. It’s additionally tremendous simple to double if you wish to feed a crowd!
- Nutritious and scrumptious. Excessive-protein, and loaded with vitamins and fiber, it’s assured to fulfill your tastebuds and hold you feeling full!
Components to Make Roasted Hen and Veggies
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this pleasing well-balanced dinner tonight:
- bone-in, skin-on hen thighs – you’ll be able to substitute skin-on hen legs or boneless, skinless hen thighs. We don’t advocate hen breast, as they are going to turn out to be dry in the course of the time it takes for the greens to roast
- carrots – use rainbow carrots for a reasonably look, or strive parsnips or turnips
- inexperienced beans – broccoli and asparagus are nice stand-ins for inexperienced beans
- child purple potatoes – you’ll be able to substitute cubed candy potatoes or child yellow potatoes
- purple onion – you need to use a shallot or yellow onion
- recent rosemary – or you’ll be able to sub 1 teaspoon dried rosemary for the 1 tablespoon recent
- recent thyme – you’ll be able to sub 1 teaspoon dried thyme for the 1 tablespoon recent
- avocado oil or olive oil – in the event you’re utilizing boneless, skinless hen thighs, you’ll want twice as a lot (1 tablespoon) oil
- salt and black pepper
Ingredient Highlight: Hen Thighs
Generally given a nasty repute, hen thighs may be included as a part of a nutritious diet and are a staple in our meal prep line-up with recipes like Crockpot Hawaiian Hen and Sheet Pan Chipotle Hen Thighs with Broccoli. Consuming hen with the bones and pores and skin makes for additional flavorful recipes and likewise:
- Gives extra collagen and amino acids
- Enhances vitamin and mineral absorption
- Provides additional omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Helps cut back prices with budget-friendly poultry
How To Make Sheet Pan Hen and Greens
You’ll how simply this one pan hen and veggies recipe comes collectively! Right here’s what to do:
- Put together the veggies: Toss the chopped greens with herbs and oil immediately on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. No have to soiled up one other dish!
- Add the hen: Organize the hen thighs on prime of the greens, and season the elements with salt and pepper.
- Bake the hen and veggies: Place the sheet pan within the oven. Bake till the greens are tender and the hen is cooked by, tossing a couple of times within the course of.
For the whole instructions and ingredient quantities, scroll all the way down to the recipe card under. All of our recipes embody the vitamin evaluation, itemizing energy, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, sodium, and extra per serving.
For the whole instructions, ingredient quantities, and vitamin evaluation that lists energy, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, sodium per serving, scroll all the way down to the recipe card under.
The Greatest Veggies For Sheet Pan Cooking
There are lots of greens which can be completely appropriate for oven roasting. You wish to use greens which can be dense and can turn out to be caramelized in the course of the dry circulating warmth of the oven cooking. Listed here are our favourite greens for roasting on a sheet pan.
- child purple and yellow potatoes
- candy potatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- inexperienced beans
- bell peppers
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
One of the best ways to forestall your hen from drying out is to bake it at a excessive warmth, which is why we bake this sheet pan hen and veggies recipe at 425ºF.
No, leaving the hen uncovered is what leads to crisp, scrumptious pores and skin.
You’ll know your hen thighs are executed cooking when an instant-read thermometer may be inserted into the meat and reads 165º F.
Can You Make Roasted Hen And Veggies Forward of Time?
This simple sheet pan hen and greens recipe is a winner for each busy weeknights or slower weekends. To essentially pace issues up, you’ll be able to pre-cut the greens and retailer them in a coated container within the fridge till you’re able to toss them on the pan with just a little olive oil and herbs. Then, the evening of, all you might want to do is add the hen thighs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and into the preheated oven it goes.
The way to Retailer Leftovers
As soon as totally cooled, this sheet pan hen and greens recipe may be transferred to an hermetic container and saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Or, for a longer-lasting possibility, hold it within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
The way to Reheat
While you’re able to eat, let leftovers thaw within the fridge in a single day. Then, reheat leftovers within the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop. Or, add them again to a greased baking sheet, and pop them within the oven at 350º F till they’re heated by.
When to Make Sheet Pan Hen and Veggies
We like to make this sheet pan hen and greens recipe on busy weeknights! Prepared in minutes, it’s a lifesaver when you might want to get dinner on the desk quick. It’s additionally an amazing recipe so as to add to your meal prep lineup and is a good possibility for feeding a crowd. Whether or not you’re answerable for the youngsters’ post-practice feast or a household potluck, it all the time hits the spot.
One-Pan Roasted Hen and Greens
A simple, scrumptious, and wholesome dinner which you can get into the oven fast! The juicy roasted hen and colourful tender greens all prepare dinner on the similar time on one sheet pan.
Prep: 15 minutesPrepare dinner: 35 minutesComplete: 50 minutes
Servings: Serves 4
- 1½–2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on hen thighs (Could substitute 1 lb. boneless, skinless hen thighs)
- 12 oz entire carrots (~6–8 medium), minimize into carrot sticks
- 12 oz inexperienced beans (~2 massive handfuls), washed and trimmed
- 12 oz child purple potatoes, halved or quartered (might sub cubed candy potatoes)
- 1 medium purple onion, minimize into wedges
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon recent rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons recent thyme (or ¾ teaspoon dried thyme)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil* (Use 1 tablespoon oil if utilizing boneless/skinless hen thighs)
- ½ teaspoon advantageous salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a big rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the chopped greens and herbs with oil immediately on the baking sheet.
- Place hen thighs on prime of the greens.
- Season hen and veggies with salt and pepper.
- Bake till the hen is cooked by and the child potatoes are tender, about 30-35 minutes. Toss and switch the greens a couple of times throughout cooking.
Final Step! Please go away a evaluation and score letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise thrive so we will proceed offering free recipes and high-quality content material for you.
- Serving Dimension: 1/4 of the recipe
- Energy: 370
- Fats: 16 g
- (Sat Fats: 6 g)
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
- (Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 8 g)
- Protein: 26 g
Pin It Now to Make It Later!
Picture Credit score: The images on this weblog submit had been taken by Jess of Performs Effectively with Butter.
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. Should you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!