This Tacky Zucchini Rice is a simple, versatile aspect dish that pairs nicely with many alternative primary programs. I really like serving it with meat from the grill in the summertime! I’ve seen comparable variations of this recipe on a number of completely different meals blogs and knew I needed to attempt it. Who doesn’t love tacky rice? Zucchini is a vegetable everybody in my household enjoys, however in case you have a choosy eater in your family they might not even discover it. The flavour and texture mix proper in with the rice! You could possibly even peel the zucchini earlier than shredding it in case you are attempting to cover the inexperienced elements.
This recipe takes minimal prep, which I really like on a busy weeknight. Simply shred the zucchini and cheese, prepare dinner the rice, combine all of the components collectively and serve! A 2/3 cup serving of this Tacky Zucchini Rice is simply 177 energy or 2-5 WW Private Factors every (relying on whether or not you’ve gotten brown rice as a Zero Level meals)! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or web site, click on right here.
Recipe Suggestions and Substitutions
- Rice: I used brown rice however you’ll be able to positively use white if that’s what you favor or have readily available. Brown rice prepare dinner occasions and liquid quantities fluctuate, so observe the instructions in your packaged rice and verify to ensure it’s absolutely cooked earlier than mixing within the different components.
- Cheese: I used a lowered fats cheddar, however in case you have one other kind in your fridge you’ll be able to definitely change it up. I believe Parmesan could be scrumptious.
- Zucchini: The shredded zucchini is nice on this recipe, however if you wish to attempt a unique vegetable you’ll be able to. Clearly summer time squash (yellow zucchini) would work nicely. I additionally suppose finely chopped broccoli could be nice.
- Notice: Please notice that any substitutions made to the recipe could lead to a change to the estimated diet data or WW factors listed.
Extra Tasty, Lightened Up Aspect Dishes
Searching for extra tasty, lightened up aspect dish concepts like this Tacky Zucchini Rice? Take a look at my Broccoli Salad, Apple Coleslaw, Caprese Pasta Salad, Zucchini Squares, Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes, Summer season Vegetable Sauté, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Caprese Salad, Spinach Balls, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Simple Salsa Rice, Zucchini Casserole, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Simple Garlic Knots, Spinach and Parmesan Orzo, Doritos Taco Salad, and extra within the Aspect Dishes classes of my recipe index!
Tacky Zucchini Rice
This Tacky Zucchini Rice is a simple tasty aspect dish that pairs nicely with many primary programs!
- 1 cup raw long-grain brown rice
- 2 ¼ cups low sodium rooster broth or vegetable broth, (chances are you’ll want a bit kind of relying in your rice instructions)
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini, (for me this was one massive zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded 50% lowered fats sharp cheddar , (I exploit Cabot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or extra to style
- ¼-½ teaspoon garlic powder, to style
- 1-2 tablespoons skim milk
Prepare dinner the rice and broth collectively in keeping with your rice’s package deal instructions in a medium saucepan. My brown rice used 2 ¼ liquid for 1 cup rice and the instructions had been to convey them to a boil after which scale back to a simmer, coated, for 45 minutes. I’ve discovered that brown rice instructions could fluctuate, so verify yours for broth amount and prepare dinner time.
When the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork. Stir within the zucchini, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Prepare dinner for 5-10 minutes on low, stirring often, to soften the cheese and warmth the zucchini. Add milk as wanted (1-2 tablespoons) to skinny out the feel if desired.
Diet Info per (2/3 cup) serving:
177 energy, 27 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 4 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 9 g protein, 2 g fiber, 338 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus:
5 per (2/3 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
tailored from a number of sources together with Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, Buns in my Oven, and The Recipe Critic