This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure.
Say hey to your new favourite wholesome breakfast recipe. These gluten free, vegan coconut flour pancakes are fluffy, healthful, and are available collectively in below half-hour. Prime them off along with your toppings of alternative and a aspect of contemporary fruit for the final word Sunday brunch!
I don’t find out about you, however I’ve all the time been a critical pancake lover. From traditional air fryer pancakes to those inventive mochi pancakes, I’ve tried (and beloved) many, many alternative recipes for pancakes. Which is why I’m tremendous excited to share this vegan coconut flour pancakes recipe!
It’s completely fluffy, past straightforward to make, and tastes completely decadent. When you’re searching for a healthful but indulgent breakfast, then that is the right recipe for you!
Newest Recipe Video!
These scrumptious pancakes have saved the day on extra events than I can depend. Even on the times the place it looks like nobody within the household can agree on something, nobody can argue with the crave-worthy issue of those straightforward coconut flour pancakes.
All you need to do is combine the pancake batter, cook dinner your pancakes on a griddle, then add your favourite toppings and dig in. In my home, we love topping our pancakes with chocolate chips, contemporary berries, or nut butter, or melted butter.
From the delicate trace of coconut to the melt-in-your-mouth high quality of those moist pancakes, this coconut pancake recipe is well the very best one I’ve ever tried. These don’t final lengthy on my breakfast desk, so I extremely advocate making a second batch if you’d like to have the ability to save leftovers.
Fortunate for you, vegan coconut pancakes are really easy to make that doubling the recipe is a breeze. When you’ve been trying to find gluten-free recipes to take pleasure in for breakfast, this recipe is for you. It additionally occurs to be grain free and tremendous straightforward to customise! Strive it out for your self and let me know what you assume!
👩🏽🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Scrumptious, fluffy pancakes
- Egg free
- Nice for meal prep
- Vegan, keto-friendly, and gluten-free
- Prepared in below half-hour
- More healthy than conventional pancakes
- Low calorie
- Finest low-carb pancakes made with coconut flour!
These wholesome pancakes are made with healthful substances that you simply’re more likely to have already got in your pantry!
- Gluten Free All-Function Flour: When baking pancakes with coconut flour, you’ll need to use an all-purpose flour together with it. To maintain these pancakes gluten-free, I favor to make use of a gluten-free baking flour. There are a selection of gluten-free flours accessible, simply be certain to search out one with xanthan gum added. When you aren’t gluten-free, you should use a distinct flour like common or entire wheat flour.
- Coconut Flour: I like the slight coconut style that this flour brings to this pancake recipe. You’ll find it within the aisle with the opposite various flours like oat flour and almond flour. Any model of coconut flour will work effective, however I like Bob’s Purple Mill.
- Almond Milk: Unsweetened almond milk is my favourite dairy-free possibility for this recipe. Nevertheless, be happy to make use of any nondairy milk you want (soy milk or full-fat coconut milk would work nice) or swap for common milk should you aren’t frightened about preserving these coconut pancakes vegan.
- Sugar: You should use any sort of sugar you want to boost the flavour of your pancakes. Maple syrup and white sugar each work effectively, or you can hold with the theme and use coconut sugar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Generally used as a leavening agent, apple cider vinegar is the key to fluffy coconut pancakes.
- Vanilla Extract: This helps so as to add a depth of taste to those scrumptious vegan pancakes.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder works with the vinegar to create gentle and fluffy pancakes. When you don’t have any, you may swap it out for ⅓ teaspoon of baking soda.
These vegan gluten free coconut flour pancakes are good simply as they’re, however there are many methods to combine issues up if you wish to put your personal distinctive twist on them. Listed below are my favourite toppings and variations for this recipe!
- Pancake Toppings: Nut butter, chocolate chips, melted vegan butter, contemporary berries, fruit compote, chia seeds, coconut yogurt, chopped nuts, maple syrup, whipped cream, and vegan Nutella all work nice. Select your favorites!
- Coconut Flour Keto Pancakes: You may cut back the carbs even additional by turning this into an almond flour pancakes recipe – simply swap the gluten free flour for almond flour.
- Banana Coconut Pancakes: If you wish to make the very best coconut flour banana pancakes, all you need to do is add an overripe mashed banana. Including the banana into the batter tastes even higher than common pancakes with banana as a topping! This might additionally get rid of the necessity for added sugar, if that’s one thing you’re searching for.
- Coconut Flour Protein Pancakes: If you wish to make protein powder pancakes, you may add a scoop of unflavored or vanilla protein powder to the batter. You may want to regulate the liquid barely if the batter turns into too thick.
These vegan coconut flour pancakes are usually not solely scrumptious, but additionally extremely straightforward to make. Simply observe the easy steps beneath and ensure to take a look at the recipe card for actual measurements.
Combine Moist Components: In a mixing bowl whisk collectively the vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and almond milk.
Combine Dry Components: Whisk collectively the baking powder, flours and sugar in a separate bowl.
Add Moist to Dry Components: Pour the moist substances into the flour combination and whisk till you’ve got a clean batter.
Relaxation Batter: Enable the pancake batter to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than cooking.
Prepare dinner Coconut Pancakes: Frivolously coat a non-stick skillet with spray oil and warmth over a medium warmth. (Notice: When you don’t have a nonstick skillet, you should use a big pan and grease it with a little bit little bit of avocado oil, olive oil, or coconut oil.) Drop a ¼ cup of batter into the skillet and cook dinner till bubbles seem.
Flip And Proceed Cooking: Flip the pancake over and proceed to cook dinner for an additional 4 minutes or till fully cooked by. Take away from the skillet and repeat with remaining batter. The batter makes about 16 pancakes.
Serve And Take pleasure in: Serve these eggless coconut flour pancakes both heat or chilly topped along with your favourite pancake toppings.
Sure! Coconut flour is keto-friendly and is a good possibility should you’re following a keto weight loss plan. One tablespoon of coconut flour incorporates simply 2 grams of internet carbs, whereas the identical quantity of wheat flour incorporates 6 grams of internet carbs.
The reply is – it relies upon! These explicit low carb pancakes with coconut flour are tremendous wholesome as a result of they’re lower than 50 energy per pancake, are low in sugar, low carb and gluten free. However some coconut pancake recipes may need a ton of sugar or refined carbs added, making them extra of a deal with than a wholesome breakfast possibility.
Every pancake has solely 9 grams internet carbs! When you use almond flour as an alternative of gluten free flour, you’ll cut back the carb content material even additional.
Many recipes for vegan pancakes name for flax eggs to maintain the pancakes from falling aside. Nevertheless, I’ve discovered that this coconut flour pancake recipe holds simply effective with out the necessity for any eggs.
When you discover that your pancakes are falling aside whenever you flip them, you might not have added sufficient flour or you can be flipping them too quickly. If the batter doesn’t appear to be binding correctly, attempt including a little bit coconut oil or additional flour.
As soon as your pancakes have cooled fully, you may switch them to an hermetic container or plastic bag and retailer them within the fridge for 4 days.
If you wish to hold them for longer, place a bit of parchment paper in between every pancake earlier than putting it in your hermetic container, then freeze for as much as 2-3 months. Thaw within the fridge the day earlier than serving, then heat within the microwave or toaster oven till heated by.
💭 Professional Ideas
- Relaxation the batter: Resting the pancake batter for 10 minutes earlier than cooking provides the flour time to soak up the liquids, so don’t skip this step.
- Make a giant batch: Use a bigger nonstick skillet to avoid wasting time and cook dinner a number of pancakes at one time.
- To keep away from burning your pancakes, you need to goal for medium warmth. Nevertheless, hold an in depth eye in your skillet in case you could cut back it to medium-low warmth.
- As an alternative of pouring oil into your pan to grease your skillet, use a sprig oil or a moist a kitchen paper towel with oil and rub it into the frying pan. An excessive amount of oil will mess with the feel of those pancakes.
- These pancakes are supposed to be on the thinner aspect, so don’t overcook them pondering they’ll rise extra after bubbles seem on the floor of the pancake!
- Make for meal prep: When you make a double or triple batch of this recipe, you may freeze most of it and simply defrost particular person pancakes for breakfast anytime you need!
🥞 Extra Wholesome Pancake Recipes!
📋 Recipe Card
Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes
Say hey to your new favourite wholesome breakfast recipe. These vegan coconut flour pancakes are fluffy, healthful, and are available collectively in below half-hour. Prime them off along with your toppings of alternative and a aspect of contemporary fruit for the final word Sunday brunch!
Servings: 16 pancakes
- Resting the batter for 10 minutes earlier than cooking provides the coconut flour time to soak up the liquids.
- Be at liberty so as to add your favourite pancake toppings like: coconut yogurt, crushed nuts, chocolate chips, maple syrup, contemporary berries and many others.
- Pancakes will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Pancakes will be frozen for as much as 3 months.
- You may also use a bigger skillet to avoid wasting time and cook dinner a number of pancakes at one time.
Serving: 1pancake | Energy: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g