She’s wholesome! She’s cute! She’s in style besides! For reals although, you’re about to fulfill (or reintroduce your self to) essentially the most scrumptious chocolate cake ever: my zucchini chocolate cake. I needed to re-share this magnificence as a result of it’s like a mixture between a brownie, a cake and a chocolate molten cake omgggg. To be trustworthy I nailed this recipe the very first time I made it and I couldn’t cease spooning it out of the pan straight into my mouth.
However right here’s the deal: not solely is that this chocolate zucchini cake fairly wholesome, however it’s additionally gluten free, features a good quantity of protein because of siggi’s yogurt, is of course sweetened with pure maple syrup + coconut sugar and made with nutritious almond flour and oat flour. The most effective half although? The melted chocolate + sea salt on high when it’s all completed. It’s like biting right into a fudgy, gooey brownie and I’m HERE FOR IT.
Do your self a favor and make this cake ASAP, all my style testers LOVED this one and I do know you’ll, too! Don’t overlook to come back again and go away a remark + fee the recipe to inform me the way you preferred it!
FREE Zucchini Recipe E-Ebook
Join under and get a FREE downloadable, printable e-book with my greatest zucchini recipes (candy and savory!)
Your fav chocolate cake simply received a wholesome makeover
That’s proper, this chocolate zucchini cake is made with better-for-you components that you may be ok with! But it nonetheless tastes SO decadent. This chocolate zucchini cake is:
- Filled with veggies. You gained’t even be capable to inform, however there’s an entire fiber-packed zucchini baked proper into this cake!
- Gluten free. Oat flour and almond flour hold this chocolate zucchini cake gluten free, and almond flour provides it some wholesome fat.
- Naturally sweetened. We’re utilizing some pure maple syrup and coconut sugar to present the cake the proper sweetness.
- Full of protein. A small container of siggi’s yogurt makes the cake tremendous moist whereas boosting the protein! Siggi’s truly has extra protein than sugar per cup, so you recognize we’re working with the products.
What you’ll have to make this wholesome chocolate zucchini cake
This wholesome chocolate zucchini cake is made with loads of fridge and pantry staples for a enjoyable, simple dessert you’ll wish to make time and again. Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- Zucchini: this little veggie is the star of the present! Zucchini provides the chocolate cake moisture with out having so as to add a ton of butter (like in common truffles). Verify our ideas for baking with zucchini within the put up under!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this recipe to assist it bake up. We haven’t examined this recipe with flax eggs, however tell us in the event you do!
- Sweetener: we’re naturally sweetening the cake with pure maple syrup and coconut sugar. You’ll additionally want some vanilla extract.
- siggi’s yogurt: I really like baking with siggi’s yogurt as a result of it doesn’t add a ton of extra sugar and it provides baked items the proper quantity of moisture. I used the vanilla siggi’s on this one for a bit enhance of taste!
- Coconut oil: to maintain the zucchini chocolate cake good and fudgy.
- Flours: as I discussed, we’re utilizing almond flour and oat flour to make the cake gluten free. See under for making your personal oat flour!
- Cacao powder: gotta have that wealthy chocolate taste (+ a lift of antioxidants!). So significantly better than common cocoa powder (although you should utilize that as a substitute!)
- Baking staples: don’t overlook the baking soda and salt.
- Topping & add-ins: I really like mixing in chocolate chips and creating an epic chocolate drizzle with extra chocolate chips and coconut oil. Wanna get fancy? Add some contemporary raspberries and a sprinkle of sea salt to the highest, too!
Easy ingredient swaps
I like to recommend sticking with the recipe the very best that you may, however listed here are some simple ingredient swaps that ought to work nicely:
- For the coconut sugar: be at liberty to make use of common brown sugar as a substitute.
- For the yogurt: I really like utilizing siggi’s vanilla yogurt, however their plain and even plant-based yogurt will work as nicely.
- For the coconut oil: melted and cooled butter or vegan butter are an amazing different.
- For the cacao powder: unsweetened cocoa powder works completely, too!
Can I take advantage of a special flour?
Sadly, no, I can’t advocate an alternative choice to the almond flour or oat flour right here as they offer the gluten free chocolate zucchini cake the proper texture.
Make your personal oat flour proper at house
That’s proper, in the event you’re out of oat flour you may simply make it with only one ingredient! Take a look at my tutorial on easy methods to make selfmade oat flour proper at house to make use of on this gluten free chocolate zucchini cake. Really easy!
Bear in mind the following pointers when baking with zucchini
- Use the small aspect of your grater so that you simply get excellent shreds of zucchini. Nobody will be capable to inform there’s a veggie within the cake! Truthfully, a easy cheese grater may also work nicely.
- Squeeze out your zucchini shreds as a lot as attainable utilizing a cheesecloth, clear dish towel or paper towel to get all the extra liquid out. That is VERY essential in order that the cake has the best texture.
- Shred zucchini first, measure it out then squeeze off extra moisture.
- Be happy to shred a bunch of zucchini and freeze it for later! Observe my ideas and tips right here.
Enjoyable methods to customise this chocolate zucchini cake
- Make it additional fudgy. In order for you this cake to be tremendous fudgy, be at liberty to retailer the cake within the fridge! It is going to style similar to a brownie and will get much more moist and fudgy by the day.
- Select your fav frosting. Be happy to make use of a special frosting to make it your personal. You could possibly halve both my strawberry frosting or peanut butter frosting for a singular twist.
- Rejoice a birthday! If you wish to make this a enjoyable birthday cake, be at liberty so as to add some fairly rainbow sprinkles on high of the melted chocolate. I really like this model of pure sprinkles!
Easy methods to retailer this cake
Be happy to maintain the wholesome chocolate zucchini cake lined at room temperature for a couple of day or so, then place it within the fridge lined for five days.
Freezer-friendly chocolate zucchini cake
Sure, this one bowl chocolate zucchini cake freezes nicely for as much as 2 months! I desire to freeze the cake with out the chocolate topping. Right here’s easy methods to do it:
- Let the cake cool after which wrap it nicely in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Place the complete cake in a zip-top freezer bag.
- To serve it, thaw the cake within the fridge in a single day, then let the cake come to room temp earlier than including the chocolate topping and serving it.
Extra methods to make use of protein-packed siggi’s yogurt
I hope you like this excellent wholesome chocolate zucchini cake! In case you make it make sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake (wholesome + gluten free)
Unimaginable, fudgy chocolate zucchini cake that’s deliciously moist because of siggi’s vanilla yogurt and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup & coconut sugar. This gluten free chocolate zucchini cake is made with a mixture of almond flour and oat flour and might be made in a single bowl for the proper, simple summer season dessert!
- Moist components:
medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of extra moisture with a paper towel (1 cup shredded zucchini)
coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
pure maple syrup
(5.3 oz) container siggi’s 0% vanilla yogurt
virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Dry components:
packed positive blanched almond flour
cacao powder (or sub unsweetened cocoa powder)
- For the topping:
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on high
- Raspberries to garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
First, measure out 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini, then place shredded zucchini in a paper towel or cheese material and squeeze out all the moisture/water. This is essential!
Add shredded zucchini, eggs, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, siggi’s yogurt, vanilla extract to a big bowl and whisk collectively till nicely mixed. Lastly stir in melted and cooled coconut oil till nicely mixed.
Subsequent, add dry components: almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Combine along with a picket spoon till nicely mixed. Fold ½ cup chocolate chips into the batter.
Pour batter into the ready pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or till a tester comes out clear. Permit the cake to chill for at the least half-hour within the pan on a wire rack earlier than topping it.
Subsequent make the topping: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium bowl; microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, till chocolate is melted. Alternatively you may soften the chocolate in a saucepan over low warmth. As soon as chocolate is melted, pour over the cake and tilt the pan aspect to aspect to assist evenly distribute the chocolate and coat each inch of the cake. Lastly, sprinkle a bit sea salt on high in the event you’d like.
Lower the cake into 12 slices. Serve with contemporary raspberries or strawberries and luxuriate in! Retailer cake within the fridge after a day.
In order for you this cake to be tremendous fudgy, be at liberty to retailer the cake within the fridge! It is going to style similar to a brownie and will get much more moist and fudgy by the day.
If you wish to make this a enjoyable birthday cake, be at liberty so as to add some fairly rainbow sprinkles on high
To retailer: Be happy to maintain the wholesome chocolate zucchini cake lined at room temperature for a couple of day or so, then place it within the fridge lined for 5-7 days.
See the complete put up for freezing directions!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice (based mostly on 12)
Saturated fats: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by The Aware Hapa
This put up is sponsored by siggi’s. All textual content and opinions are my very own. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that make AK attainable! This put up was initially revealed on August 6, 2021, and republished on August 7, 2022.