For those who’re getting buried in zucchini, Zucchini Breakfast Tarts are like a low-carb mini quiche that has zucchini and cheese, everyone’s favourite mixture! And this tasty tart with zucchini is nice for a vegetarian breakfast choice!
PIN the Zucchini Breakfast Tarts to attempt them later!
There’s little doubt that it’s zucchini season, and a few persons are doing all they’ll to present away zucchini! However in case you’d actually wish to eat the zucchini as a substitute of giving it away, these Zucchini Breakfast Tarts are a scrumptious approach to make use of some. And even you’ve by no means thought of having a zucchini breakfast, I promise it is a scrumptious choice!
These crustless low-carb breakfast tarts are literally like a bit mini quiche that’s baked in a tart pan, and so they have a lot of zucchini. However I feel it’s essential to emphasise that they’re tacky as a result of the tarts even have goat cheese and a beneficiant quantity of coarsely grated sharp white cheddar, and there’s a lot of tacky taste in each chunk.
And there’s little doubt that this zucchini breakfast tart would make an ideal grab-and-go breakfast for busy days when there may be little time to cook dinner within the morning. Hope you take pleasure in making an attempt this concept you probably have an abundance of zucchini!
What Substances do you want for this recipe?
- goat cheese
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Dried Oregano (affiliate hyperlink)
- Dried Basil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or different all-purpose seasoning mix
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- half and half, milk, or heavy cream
- coarsely grated sharp white cheddar (or use any white cheese you favor)
- inexperienced onions
Is that this a mini quiche or a breakfast tart?
I referred to as this recipe a breakfast tart as a result of I used my favourite little tart pan to bake the person breakfasts. However they undoubtedly are a bit mini quiche recipe the place substances are mixed after which baked; name them whichever one you favor!
What Tart Pan Did I Use?
That is one other mini quiche breakfast recipe the place I used my Mini Tart Pan (affiliate hyperlink), and I do love this pan a lot! However in case you don’t wish to purchase a particular pan simply to make breakfast tarts, use giant silicone baking cups (affiliate hyperlink), gratin dishes, and even a big muffin pan, though generally eggs have a tendency to stay in common muffin pans, so spray them nicely in case you use these.
Extra concepts for a tasty zucchini breakfast:
For those who like the concept of utilizing zucchini in a breakfast dish, you may additionally like Zucchini and Inexperienced Chile Breakfast Casserole, Tacky Zucchini and Basil Strata, or Greek Frittata.
Find out how to Make Zucchini Breakfast Tarts :
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Crumbled goat cheese and let it come to room temperature.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into fourths: then lower it into small items.
- Warmth olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add zucchini, sprinkle with dried oregano, dried basil, Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) or one other all-purpose seasoning mix, and a bit salt and pepper.
- Cook dinner zucchini a couple of minutes over medium-high warmth, simply till it’s barely beginning to soften.
- Spray Mini Tart Pan (affiliate hyperlink) with olive oil or non-stick spray and divide the cooked zucchini among the many tart wells.
- High with coarsely grated sharp cheddar and inexperienced onions.
- Use a fork to stir softened goat cheese cheese and add the the half and half or milk a bit at a time till it’s principally blended with cream cheese.
- Beat eggs in one other bowl (oops, no photograph of the eggs) and add to the goat cheese/milk combination a bit at a time, stirring every time you add extra egg so the combination is well-blended.
- Fill every tart nicely with goat-cheese and egg combination.
- I like to make use of a fork and gently stir so substances are evenly distributed.
- Bake about half-hour, or till they’re agency and flippantly browned.
- Serve sizzling. These are scrumptious as proven, or serve with a dollop of bitter cream for much more creaminess if desired!
Extra Breakfast Tarts to Strive:
Crustless Breakfast Tarts with Mushrooms
Crustless Tomato-Basil Breakfast Tarts
Southwestern Crustless Breakfast Tarts
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class referred to as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you may prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat throughout the week!
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled and softened
- 3 small zucchini, lower in quarter lengthwise after which lower into small items
- 2 tsp. olive oil (plus a bit extra for spraying the pan)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (see notes)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- 1/4 cup half and half (see notes)
- 8 eggs, nicely crushed
- 6 T coarsely grated sharp white cheddar (or use any white cheese you favor)
- 1/4 cup sliced inexperienced onions, plus extra for garnish if desired
- Earlier than you begin making the tarts, flip the oven to 375F/190C and let it pre-heat.
- Crumble 4 oz. of goat cheese into a big glass measuring cup or a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Slice the zucchini into fourths lengthwise, after which lower it into small items.
- Warmth olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, I used my beloved 12 Inch Inexperienced Pan (affiliate hyperlink). Then add zucchini, sprinkle with dried oregano, dried basil, Spike Seasoning or different all-purpose seasoning, and a bit salt and pepper.
- Cook dinner the zucchini a couple of minutes over medium-high warmth, simply till it’s barely beginning to soften.
- Spray the Mini Tart Pan (affiliate hyperlink) with olive oil or a bit non-stick spray and divide the cooked zucchini among the many tart wells.
- High with a beneficiant tablespoon of coarsely grated sharp cheddar and a pinch of inexperienced onions.
- Then use a fork to stir the now-softened goat cheese and add the the half and half or milk a bit at a time till goat cheese and milk is generally blended.
- Beat eggs in one other bowl and add to the goat cheese/milk combination a bit at a time, stirring every time you add extra so the combination is well-blended.
- Fill every tart nicely with the goat-cheese and egg combination, being cautious to not fill too full.
- I like to make use of a fork and gently stir so the opposite substances are evenly distributed within the egg.
- Bake about half-hour, or till tarts are agency and flippantly browned
- Serve sizzling.
I am an enormous fan of Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), however in case you don’t have Spike you should utilize any all-purpose seasoning mix that’s good in eggs. Use milk, half and half, or cream, whichever you favor.
This recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from many different tacky zucchini recipes!
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 219Complete Fats: 16gSaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 268mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seaside Eating regimen Recommendations:
This vegetarian Zucchini Breakfast Tart recipe is appropriate for low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic diets. It might be appropriate for the unique South Seaside Eating regimen, which would favor low-fat cheese and low-fat milk. For those who’re making it for low-carb or Keto you’ll in all probability wish to use full-fat cheese and cream or half and half. Both approach you make it, I promise will probably be scrumptious!
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Eating regimen Kind Index photograph index pages to search out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This zucchini breakfast tart was publish in 2017. It was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.